In this policy references to:
- “us” and “we” means Rooflights & Glazing (UK) Limited t/a The London Rooflight Company (a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05694006 and having its registered office situate at and known as Unit 5 Ironbridge Industrial Estate, 397 Retford Road,Sheffield, S13 9WA and any member of its group from time to time; and references to “our” shall be construed accordingly; and
- “you” and “user” means any user of the web site www.londonrooflightcompany.co.uk (“our site”) whether as a guest or a registered user; and references to “your” shall be construed accordingly.
- use of our site includes accessing, browsing, & registering to use our site, via our site’s online contact & ordering systems; and references in this policy to “use of our site” and “using our site” shall be construed accordingly.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents or policies referred to in our terms and conditions or in this policy) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of GDPR 2018, the data controller is Rooflights & Glazing (UK) Limited of Unit 5 Ironbridge Industrial Estate, 397 Retford Road, Sheffield, S13 9WA.
In order to enter into & complete a new contract or fulfil an existing contract then personal data processing is necessary.
How we collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding or communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. Recorded information will be deleted after a period of 12 calender months unless we are legally obliged otherwise.
- Payment Information Any payments made via our website are handled by a Third Party (Sage Pay) & any manual payments are processed by ‘us’, also via Sage Pay, but remotely. We do NOT retain any financial or credit card information that is either written or verbally recorded.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Rooflights & Glazing (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights to remove your information
You have the right to ask us to remove any personal data that we have stored on you. We do not disclose any of your personal data to a third party unless they are included within the Disclosure of your information section. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Bill gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Bill. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.